What Happens After I Enroll?
Once you join an MVP Medicare Advantage Plan, you will receive these things by mail:
- A confirmation letter from MVP in about 10 days, letting you know we received your application and that Medicare has approved your enrollment in your MVP Medicare Advantage plan.
- You can use this letter at doctor appointments until your MVP Member ID card arrives.
- Your MVP Member ID card
- Always carry and show your MVP membership card when you visit your doctor or pharmacy.
- Keep your Medicare card at home for your records.
- A dental plan member ID card, if the MVP plan you choose includes dental coverage.
- A new Medicare member guide, which includes your Evidence of Coverage (your MVP contract), and other important materials to read and keep for future reference.
- A verification letter from MVP, if you are leaving an employer group plan – as required by Medicare to verify that you are familiar with the terms of your new health plan.
A note about prior authorization
Prior authorization is a process in which MVP works with you and your doctors to make sure you receive medically-necessary, high-quality medical treatment at a reasonable cost. Some services require prior authorization by MVP regardless of whether these services are given by MVP contracted or non-contracted providers.
Some examples of services needing prior authorization include:
- Diagnostic services, such as CT scans and MRIs
- Admissions to transitional care units, acute rehabilitation, and skilled nursing facilities
- Durable medical equipment
- Home care services
- Implants and internal prosthetics
- Select prescription drugs
Most often, your family doctor will begin the process and request authorization whenever it is needed. If you need or want a medical service not available from a provider who contracts with MVP, you may refer yourself to a non-contracted provider. Remember that it may cost you more to receive medical services from a provider who is not contracted with MVP.
Want more information?
Get MVP’s Quick Guide to MedicareGet Details
Request a FREE MVP Medicare Plan Benefit Kit
Speak with an MVP Medicare Advisor:
1-800-324-3899 TTY: 1-800-662-1220
Monday – Friday, 8 am – 6 pm Eastern Time. October 1 – March 31, Saturdays, 8 am – 12 pm.
Or call the MVP Medicare Customer Care Center
Monday – Friday, 8 am – 8 pm 1-800-665-7924 (TTY: 1-800-662-1220).
From October 1 – March 31, call us every day from 8 am – 8 pm.